The Safety Program that Contract Construction, Inc. has developed is one that enlists personal responsibility from our employees and subcontractors to reach our goals. Our goals are Zero injuries, Elimination of unsafe conditions and behaviors, and for Safety to be our company trademark. To achieve these goals our employees are provided with the most up-to-date training and equipment available. The main objective of our training program is to have employees that are able to speak about safety the same way that they speak about quality and production. Our Safety Consultant, Scott Butcher, a former OSHA Compliance Officer and OSHA outreach trainer, as well as our onsite Superintendents conduct training classes.
Our program includes many tools:
- Compliance with all federal and state regulations
- Benchmark safety inspections provided to owners and subs that show all safe and unsafe observations through Safety Net web based software
- Ongoing training based on bench mark information obtained during inspections
- Subcontractor training responses to hazards found during inspections
- Required immediate response to hazards found during inspections
- Promotion of Safety Awareness thru employee and subcontractor competitions
Our Safety Challenge to our employees is made up of four parts:
- Rejection of a passive approach to personal safety
- Acceptance of responsibility for safety at our jobsites
- Courageous leadership for safety at our jobsites
- Expectations of safely returning from work each and every day.
“No where have I seen a more professional, more informed and well executed safety program than the one Contract Construction has instituted. None of the big companies that I have observed have better reporting, training, or enforcement than you have put together.”
Ralph Beatty, Southern Management Group